Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sometimes beautiful, sometimes insane...

There's been a lot of concern in the house regarding our pet dog, Sandy. Mum and dad took her to the vet two Mondays ago, where she was diagnosed with having arthritis in her spine. So she's been given painkillers to ease the pain, but now we have another problem. The dog has since been drinking an excessive amount of water, and as a result of forgetting to let her out to the garden to relieve herself, she has been urinating all over the carpets and rugs around the house, as many as seven times today alone. Just today my dad and I have noticed what looks like blood in the urine. Sandy will be taken to the vets this coming Monday, and lord knows what shall happen next.

Sandy's a very old dog, at an age of 15 years. That happens to be a longer life than the other family dogs, such as my aunt's German Shepard and my grandmother's Yorkshire Terrier. Both dogs didn't live beyond twelve years due to major health problems. Sandy on the other hand is a mongrel - part Border Collie, German Shepard and whippet - and apparently these dogs have a longer lifespan that many pedigree dogs. She also had an operation earlier this year where a cancerous tumour was removed from her underbelly. I remember feeling the lump so clearly, and the scar and stitches...

I can only hope for the best for her...Sandy has been a part of the family for 14 years, and the house would feel so empty should the time come...

Somehow my feelings have transformed from good to angry and envious in the space of a few hours. I watched Little Britain earlier, which was great despite the same old 'Lou and Andy', 'Computer says No' and 'I'm a lady' jokes, but there were some really funny sketches such as the Stars in Their Eyes spoof where Ann takes on Celine Dion, singing 'Eh Eh Eh!' over 'My Heart Will Go On'.

I turned envious for the reason that my sister has won a competition in which she is to attend a coffee shop in London. She could only take one person with her, and that person was Mum. I asked if I could come, but Mum refused, and now I'm not very happy. I like going out very much, and it'll be a shame to be stuck in my bedroom as usual nearly althrough the day. So yes, I'm rather pissed off by that.

No comments: