Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Good, the Bad and the Yucky

I've had a mix of good and bad times in this weekend:

The Good
  • I have now seen every single episode of the first three seasons of SpongeBob SquarePants, excluding a bonus episode called 'Shanganaied'. The episode that made this complete was 'Christmas Who?', which I believe was never aired over here, but was released on a compilation DVD. It wasn't as brilliant as I hoped it would be, but it did have some funny bits, like when that puppet bird ate all the cookie dough.
  • I went to a boot sale this morning, and came home with a Count Duckula plush. I should have got the Terrance and Phillip (from South Park) plushes as well, damn me. I could have had a lot of fun imitating their fart jokes.
  • A friend on MSN showed me this video of the moment in Catchphrase where everyone mistook Mr Chip's swinging cane for a penis...that had made my Friday night! (If you can't get this to work, try watching it on Mucho Sucko).

The Bad
  • I caught a cold from my sisters late this week, and as a result I had a lot of trouble getting myself to sleep. I had some pretty bad discomfort in my nose on Friday night, that somehow eased if it was filled up with mucus. Thankfully, although I still have a little trace of it left, I'm feeling a lot better now. My poor sister however, has it worse. She works in a very smoky enviroment (she doesn't smoke herself), which I think is why she's got a very course cough. It must feel dreadful. She's OK otherwise. This cold I have isn't as bad as others I've had when I was younger.
  • This morning, after a lot of the usual tossing and turning, my dad turned his TV on. You see, he does this every single night, all night for as long as I can remember, and the noise from it drives me insane! That morning, I got so annoyed, I got up and went downstairs. My mum came down shortly and saw me sulking in the kicthen. She says that I've overreacted and blames my sleepless nights on my excessive computer usage. I tried to convince her that my dad does indeed play a part of my sleeping problems, long before I even started playing videogames. I'm going to take her advice and log off the computer at 9.00PM tonight, wind down for an hour, then go to bed, and see if it really is computers that are making me insomnic.
The Nasty
  • When I got home from the boot sale I was about to give my rat some of his food...but as I was to go about picking out the alfalfa pellets, sunflower seeds and peanuts (rats don't seem to like those pellets, and the latter two I pick out because they're bad for rats), I found a maggot among a handful of the mix! I screamed so damn loud, and threw the half empty bag away, meaning that I now had to give my rat a bowl full of fruit and cereal. He's such a greedy pig, after about ten minutes of placing the fresh food in his cage, it was all gone!
Let's pretend you never heard that ;P

No comments: