Monday, October 24, 2005

What a wonderful world...

It seems as though all I've been doing this week was watching the blue squares slowly pile up in Azureus and check on DeviantART, Livejournal, Hotmail, MSN Messenger and eBay on a regular basis while pumping Nightwish into my system at the same time. Having to clean my rat's cage out without any assistance from my younger sister didn't help, where I destoyed a pair of my pyjama pants by accident on the job. She wasn't willing to help even on her half day off, or the weekend.

Then I broke my headphones. Should I get music withdrawal, I'd either have to listen publically or borrow my sister's MP3 player plugphones. Both are problematic - my speakers are crap and crackle badly when touched, not to mention that when others are in the house they tell me to turn it down all the time. My older sister and dad are hypocrites, they play their music up really loud and I can't complain - she thinks everything I listen to is shit and has some 'epileptic fit' whenever she hears stuff like 'Pretty Green Eyes'. I think just about the same about the weird crap she listens to, except I don't go all shitty. As for the plugphones, they're too short.

Jesus Christ, it's lunch hour already and I couldn't be arsed to have breakfast, so I'm having both breakfast cereal and a sandwich. Because I'm a fat pig of carbohydrates.

Thankfully at the end of the week I had a little creativity going on. My younger sister recently aquired an MSN Messenger account and has been using it during the late evening, giving me a chance to do some drawing. I've produced for pieces of lineart which I am now colouring, and these will be submitted to my DeviantART gallery as soon as I can.

Another 'amazing' thing I did this weekend was join the family for Sunday dinner for once. This is something I barely ever did, except for Christmas and at the restaurants, and for some strange reason I didn't have a problem with anything but my cousin's 5 month old son, who wouldn't stop crying simply because he wanted his mother to hold him. I much enjoyed my vegetarian 'chicken dipper' pieces and sweetcorn, which I'd usually be eating next to my computer.

What I've been consumed with lately is this BBC New Animation scheme. The end of October is drawing near and I've been hoping and worrying at the same time about what it's going to bring. If I become a finalist, I'd be very happy, seeing as Perry the Puff is the first movie I ever animated. But if I don't, it'll be such a letdown after the hard work, tension and sacrifices I had to go through.

But whatever happens, I've gained experience, I did my best, and that's what matters the most.

Hope to get the artworks done, get a new pair of headphones and learn to take care of myself a bit more in this new week.

Until next time, take care and cheerio!

No comments: